Scrolling

Harbour Cottage, Maine

I have a dream home. It's a cottage over looking a remote, wild coast with the beach on our door step. The winters are wild and romantic with blustery walks on the dunes followed by cosy knits in front of a fire and the summers are spent with morning dips, crabbing and paddling in rock pools with my girls. Balmy evenings with bonfires on the beach and ever changing views. OK I'm getting carried away.But you get the picture! If you don't, this beautiful former General Store in Maine owned by Fiona And Tony Hooper, now renovated into a holiday home may help set the scene. According to Meghan at Wishful Thinking the tide comes up so high it laps at the front door. And behind that door is everything a cottage should be. And it's up for rent...YAAAAAAY! 








Renovated by Architect: Sheila Narusawa Photography / source: Design Skool via Wishful Thinking

If I had a cottage I would definitely go for this beautiful white, pale grey and and light wood scheme. I love that it's kept very basic so that the spectacular views over the bay do all the talking.

I also really love the geometric mustard yellow and white blanket. I wonder where it's from? It reminds me a little of the blankets and textiles from Ferm Living.

Can someone tell me, what's Maine like? I think it could be worth a visit....x

PS Thank you so much to Justine Hand for allowing me to use her lovely photos. There is a great write up on her blog about this home and some of the work Sheila Narusawa put into the renovation.

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. In my holiday lets file! slight worry that there was no price list, oh well can dream. would be my perfect holiday house for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see you out there Tracey! (I see it has a cottage and a guest house!)...

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Maine but the house looks so beautiful and tranquil! It must be great to wake up with a view like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two favorite places on the planet are Maine and Sweden! Probably because they share some similarities - if you love cool beaches, rocky coast, dense forests, small islands, fresh fish and ice cream (not simultaneously), then Maine is the place for you. I'm planning a day trip in June to the island of vinalhaven. Wish I could plan a day trip to Sweden but it's quit a long drive from the US. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect in my mind! Am envious of your island trip! Let me know if you ever make it to Sweden and I'll give you some tips!

      Delete
  4. thanks nikki for your wonderful posts and thank you for your nice comment on my blog!
    Laura
    creativeordinette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a romantic dream home you have imagined Niki! I have not been to Maine but New England as a whole (an area which Maine is part of) is a lovely and charming area (strong Winters though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Santa, when will I ever learn that in reality long 'strong' winters are actually not romantic at all. They're just cold! To be safe (and before my heart gets the better of me) I'll plan a visit in the summer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO