Scrolling

A serene norwegian space for the weekend

It's the weekend - woooop! Any great plans? To me weekends are for kicking back and getting away from it all (OK, and the odd glass of wine). And I'm sure I could do both of these in this beautiful Norwegian space, given the chance! Looking out over a Norwegian fjord, Hilde and Kristian Eriksen designed the home from scratch and decorated the interior in white, shades of grey and warm light wood. The furniture is a mix of modern design and antiques.  And the result is a serene, warm, light-filled home. Oh how I would love to spend my weekend here, how about you?!









Photography: Yvonne Wilhelmsen. Femina. Post inspired by Style Files owner of beautiful shop Le Souk.  


Anything that stands out to you?

A few items I know and love: Vitra Hang it All, Eames DSR chairs, Wishbone CH24 chair. I usually buy my market basket bags when I visit my sister in Mallorca but you can also source them here.

For more Norwegian inspiration this weekend there are many wonderful spaces to be found here. And a couple of Norwegian blogs to browse: Fjeldborg, Stylizimo, and Elisabeth Heier.

Have you ever visited Norway? I've been to Bergen and Oslo. But I dream about going hut to hut hiking in the Norwegian wilderness one day too.

Have a great couple of days and see you Monday!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I would definitely like to spend my weekend in such a peaceful place, with a book, some magazines, my babies (very silent and serene, as I am allowed to dream) and a glass of white wine. Heaven!

    Have a very nice weekend!

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful natural home.. Definitely one of the best to spend weekend in. With all the nature around. And in the morning, just in housecoat, with warm tea in hands, go on the terrace and look around the beauty..

    Happy weekend,
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the calm lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Thonet rocking chair no. 10 and how it blends with the rest of the room and the black frames on the wall - and this is a design from the 1880-es: http://www.designboom.com/eng/education/rocking/modern.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the hut to hut hiking in Finland in Koli, was definitely a great experience :-) The huts are open for everyone (or you can book better ones for money) Wood and axe provided, also there is often some leftover canned food left for someone who gets stuck in really bad weather. We were there in early September, picked blueberries and mushrooms on our way. The terrain was way more demanding than we anticipated, so we managed only to the shorter round, which is 40 km, in three days (avg pace was only 2 km/h)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sounds like a wonderful mini break, I'd love to go hut to hut hiking in Finland too! I think 40 km is pretty impressive over three days!

      Delete
  6. A very unique combination of colours and furniture design traits. Something that not many people are doing anymore when trying to redecorate or design new spaces. i love your insight and opinons. keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO